[sane-devel] Scanner not working with 2.6.15.4 kernel

kriko kristjan.ugrin at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 19:40:08 UTC 2006

Hi!
I upgraded my kernel to 2.6.15.4 and my scanner doesn't work anymore.
However:
kriko at linux:~> sane-find-scanner

   # No SCSI scanners found. If you expected something different, make sure
that
   # you have loaded a SCSI driver for your SCSI adapter.

found USB scanner (vendor=0x04b8, product=0x0802) at libusb:002:003 <-
this is scanner
found USB scanner (vendor=0x0c45, product=0x6029) at libusb:002:002
   # Your USB scanner was (probably) detected. It may or may not be
supported by

   # Not checking for parallel port scanners.

   # Most Scanners connected to the parallel port or other proprietary ports
   # can't be detected by this program.

   # You may want to run this program as root to find all devices. Once you
   # found the scanner devices, be sure to adjust access permissions as
   # necessary.

As you see sane-find-scanner finds my scanner even if I'm not root, Yast
is claiming that scanner is working, but when I start kooka or xsane, it
doesn't detect any scanner.

-----
kriko at linux:~> scanimage -L

-----

However, I can scan as root (xsane, kooka...). Is this permission issue?
What permission should I set to scanner device and how.

I'm using suse 10.

Thanks

--
kriko