[Fwd: Re: [sane-devel] Brother MFC7420]

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Sun Feb 26 12:00:30 UTC 2006

Hi,

On 2006-02-20 00:18, Hellmut Weber wrote:
> I'm somewaht surprised that it shows the preview window but does not
> show anything when scanning. I was used to that behaviour with my old
> scanner (UMAX Astra 1600, if I remember correctly).

I'm not sure if I understand correctly. Do you mean that the preview
window is only updated when the preview is finished completely?

> Can I change some settings?

I I'm right, this is up to the backend. I guess it uses a big buffer
and returns this buffer to the frontend (xscanimage) instead of
retuening smaller chunks of data during the scan. The only thing you
can do is to ask Brother to change this behaviour.