[sane-devel] Canoscan Lide 60

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Tue Jan 3 18:27:33 UTC 2006

Hi,

Please reply to the list, not to me personally.
Please also don't use HTML in mail.

> <small>&nbsp;sudo scanimage -L<br>
> device `genesys:libusb:004:002' is a Canon LiDE 60 flatbed scanner<br>

Ok, so it's just a permission problem. See README.linux for some
comments about this. You can also use the libsane.usermap file from
current CVS:
http://cvs.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/sane-backends/tools/hotplug/libsane.usermap?rev=1.38&cvsroot=sane

That file contains the ids for the LiDE 60.

> aren't any scanners (Could be because I use the XSane version from the

Yes. Probably you have an older version of sane-backends installed in
parallel.