[sane-devel] Learning about USB and scanners

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Thu Jan 5 22:10:34 UTC 2006

Hi,

On 2006-01-03 09:11, Stephen More wrote:
> On 1/3/06, Henning Meier-Geinitz <henning at meier-geinitz.de> wrote:
> >
> > > Visioneer OneTouch 7600 USB
> >
> > Shouldn't it be possible to use the existing viceo backend at least to
> > understand what's send to the scanner? That backend claims to support
> > that scanner.
>
> It should be possible...but this does not use libusb, it is a patch to the
> scanner module. There is alot of code there I do not understand.

The patch for the scanner module just adds the possibility to send USB
control messages. All the interesting code is in the backend file.

I understand that log files are still needed, but having this code as
a reference may still be helpful.

> This script generates c code using libusb that compiles and executes
> the same USB commands that were captured in from the snoop.

Ok, I already added a link.

> I am going to write a patch and send it in to fix usbsnoop2libusb.pl

If this fixed script won't be placed on the same location, please send
a link for the new location also.