[sane-devel] Microtek Film Scan 35

Andrei V. Toutoukine tut at isuct.ru
Sat Jan 7 16:48:32 UTC 2006

Dear SANE developers,

I've got six years old Microtek Film Scan 35 which nobody cares of at my
work. Unfortunately I seen the mark "unsupported" at SANE web site.
Small remark made me confused
[ http://www3.sane-project.org/sane-mfgs.html ] :

FilmScan 35

USB

unsupported

Probably unsupported. See link for details

unsupported
(2005-12-18)

?

What does "Probably unsupported" mean? Both links gave no hope of
course...

If it means, that the scanner is somehow supported, could you explain how
to make it working at my Linux box?

If it means, that the scanner is not supported, I'd like to know how much
man-hours it would take to create some basic support. I have some free
time, good knowledge of C and Linux. Could anyone to outline the procedure
of creating (or extending) the SANE back-end?

sane-find-scanner says there is a device with vendor/model as expected.
xscanimage pretends there's no available scanner however.

With the warmest regards,
Andrei.