[sane-devel] sane SCSI 32bit emulation on 64bit

Volker Kuhlmann list0570 at paradise.net.nz
Sun Jan 8 23:43:41 UTC 2006

> Err... excuse me? I don't think the amount of money any of the SANE
> developers makes from SANE development justifies any effort on this
> behalf.

I am aware of that, and I wasn't asking the sane developers for any
effort, unless you count brain-picking as effort.

> No, there goes "Vuescan is suitable for the desktop". Some difference.

Not really - if there is no alternative to vuescan, the end result is
the same. Sorry, xsane doesn't come close yet. People buy vuescan for
windows because it's both cheap and better than what the scanner
suppliers give them. I don't see a lot of people switching to inferior
apps on a superior OS, esp when the app doesn't talk to the scanner.
Their main aim is to get the scanning work done.

Yes I hate closed source software too, but reality is that it's not
possible to do without it quiet yet.

Volker

http://volker.dnsalias.net/		Please do not CC list postings to me.