[sane-devel] Epson Perfection 1270 recognized, but not scanning

Fabian Mandelbaum fmandelbaum at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 13:25:40 UTC 2006

Hello,

I cannot make my Epson Perfection 1270 scanner to work under Linux
(x86 and x86_64, tried with Mandriva 2006 and Ubuntu 5.10).

I've tried everything I've found on the web about it (snapscan page and the
likes)
without positive results.

sane-find-scanner finds the scanner; the 1st run of scanimage -L finds it
too;
I then run xsane and it gives me all windows, but when I try to acquire
a preview image (or to scan), I get I/O errors and the scanner 'locks':
I have to unplug/replug it (and sometimes even this doesn't work). After
that, scanimage -L doesn't find the scanner anymore, while sane-find-scanner
finds it always.

Needless to say that the same hardware (computer/scanner) works perfectly
under WindowsXP (so no hardware pb), of course.

I didn't include more verbose output from the commands here, to avoid making
this mail very big, but I'll gladly include output with
SANE_DEBUG_SNAPSCAN=2
level, as well as the output of any command, if needed.

Thanks in advance.

--
Fabian Mandelbaum
IS Engineer