[sane-devel] Vendor and product ids in description files

Olaf Meeuwissen olaf at member.fsf.org
Mon Jan 23 13:12:49 UTC 2006

Henning Meier-Geinitz <henning at meier-geinitz.de> writes:

> Hi,
>
> On 2006-01-20 23:55, Olaf Meeuwissen wrote:
>> It took a little longer than anticipated, but I've added a bunch of
>> :usbid entries to epkowa.desc.  Patch attached (epkowa-usbid.diff).
>>
>> I've also updated the file to match iscan-1.18.0, dropped the :status
>> of the GT-X800 to :good to match the changes that fixed #302728 and
>> zapped the :manpage entry conform the mods to fix #302463.  Patch
>> attached (iscan-1.18.0+sane-backends-cvs.diff).
>
> Thanks, it's in CVS now. I still get the following warnings:

Thanks!

> epkowa.desc: Warning: Backend epkowa': EPSON' ES-1000C' does not have an interface
> [snip similar]

The reason for this is that I don't have (reliable) interface info for
a number of these.  I mostly added these models to let people know I'm
aware of their existence.  Some of them, notably the MFPs/all-in-ones,
have a pointer to a scanner model, though.

> The missing USB ids are these:
>
> epkowa.desc:    Info: epkowa' seems to provide a USB device without :usbid (EPSON CC-500L)
> [snip similar]

> Even if they are unsupported, having the ids would be nice.

Agreed.  I don't have their product IDs handy, but I'll see if I can
find them somewhere but don't hold your breath.

Hope this helps,
--
Olaf Meeuwissen
FSF Associate Member #1962           sign up at http://member.fsf.org/