[sane-devel] JNI code for SANE

Vacuum Joe vacuumjoe at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 24 13:22:17 UTC 2006

Hello SANE developers,

 I have written a simple JNI interface to SANE.  It works pretty well and lets me do scans, display them, etc, all within Java.  I am interested in possibly getting this included in the SANE project under the same license as SANE itself.  Would the devs be open to this?  It's pretty basic code right now, but my vision is that it would be possible to use it with gcj to make compiled scanner apps for Linux in Java, so we could have things similar to Kooka, but in Java.  In fact with the Java Qt bindings we could have quite a good environment for making scanning apps.

 Would the SANE project be interested in this?