[sane-devel] Epson 2450

Jason Fuchs fuchs.jason at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 22:18:59 UTC 2006

I have an epson 2450 photo that I have been trying to get running under linux
for some time now.

I found an old patch on this mailing list with a workaround, however many
features still do not work with that patch enabled(especially in iscan.)

The sane page still shows this scanner as fully supported, but support for
this scanner seems to have gone away since the scanner module was dropped
from the kernel tree.

I posted a bug on libusb site addressing the issue, but it has been over a
year.
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=101674&aid=1070123&group_id=1674

Has any progress been made on getting this scanner to work with libusb? I
assumed this was a libusb problem as it worked before with the scanner
kernel interface, am I correct in that or is this something that should be
addressed within sane?

Thanks for any help....-Jason