[sane-devel] Mustek BP 1200 CU PLUS / Bug

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Sun Jan 29 21:34:45 UTC 2006

Hi,

You can disable calibration without changing the code. You can do this
in the frontend also (set SANE_DEBUG_GT68XX at least to 1 as explained
in the man page).

> Now I found the thing: the problem is that calibrate process takes long time
> for me depending if I have the cover of the scanner opened or closed, but in
> any case takes very long time before start and I thinked that's forever loop
> for the program but thisn't.

A time of 20 seconds is normal. It should never take more than one
minute.

> In fact if I have the cover opened before scanimage start it takes 53 seconds

I guess there is too much light from the outside (or the light changes
too much) to get a stable calibration with the cover open.

> If the cover is closed the scanimage takes 11 seconds to start

This is ok.