[sane-devel] Cant install the 18-version

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Tue Jul 4 14:06:15 UTC 2006

Hello,

On Jul 4 13:02 Mogens Jæger wrote (shortened):
> make[1]: Entering directory
> `/home/mogens/Programmer/Gimp-relateret/sane-backends-1.0.18/doc'
> Generating index for sane.ps...
> make[1]: *** [sane.ind] Error 1
> My system is SuSE10.1 on an AMD64 bit,
> scanner is an Epson perfection 2450Photo = GT9700 attached to the
> firewire port.
> When trying to install the 'epkowa' package, I am told to install sane
> first

Why don't you use our sane package for Suse Linux 10.1 for AMD64 bit
together with the matching sane-32bit package which we provide
especially for AMD64 bit so that even binary-only i386-only stuff
like Image Scan should work even on an AMD64 bit system.

In any case:
This is not a SANE problem but a problem caused by the binary-only
i386-only Image Scan and you should ask where you got this software
to provide also a ready-to-use version for AMD64 bit.

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Maxfeldstrasse 5      Mail: jsmeix at suse.de