[sane-devel] Cant install the 18-version

Mogens Jæger dsl315036 at vip.cybercity.dk
Wed Jul 5 02:32:21 UTC 2006

Olaf Meeuwissen wrote:

>>making all in doc
>>make[1]: Entering directory
>>`/home/mogens/Programmer/Gimp-relateret/sane-backends-1.0.18/doc'
>>Generating index for sane.ps...
>>make[1]: *** [sane.ind] Error 1
>>

>Do you have LaTeX and makeindex?  Check the values for the LATEX and
>MAKEINDEX variables in doc/Makefile.  If these are empty, that's your
>problem.

The LaTeX is installed, but I can't find the makeindex as a part of SuSE.
In the file doc/Makefile I have these two lines:
LATEX    = TEXINPUTS=$(srcdir):$$TEXINPUTS /usr/bin/latex
MAKEINDEX = /usr/bin/makeindex
(and later)
sane.ind: sane.tex net.tex
    @echo Generating index for sane.ps...
    @touch sane.ind
    @$(LATEX) $(srcdir)/sane </dev/null >/dev/null && \
     $(MAKEINDEX) sane.idx 2>/dev/null

Running both seems OK - (I am not that advanced user, that I know what
they are used for, or how)

Thanks in advance
Mogens Jæger