[sane-devel] Epson 10,000XL

Olaf Meeuwissen olaf.meeuwissen at avasys.jp
Thu Jul 6 01:00:33 UTC 2006

Sam <sashus at yahoo.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> Has anyone tried to write a SANE driver for the Epson
> 10,000XL.

http://sane.alioth.debian.org/lists/sane-backends-external.html#S-EPKOWA

says the Expression 10000XL is supported (status good).  As this model
uses the ESC-I protocol, it should also work with the epson backend
but you may have to force recognition by that backend.

  usb 0x04b8 0x0129

in your epson.conf should do the trick.

> If not I would like to help create one, with the
> help(guidence) of this group.
>
> I'm new to the Sane group, how does one go about doing
> this?

Hope this helps,
--
Olaf Meeuwissen                          EPSON AVASYS Corporation, SE1
FSF Associate Member #1962           sign up at http://member.fsf.org/