[sane-devel] Plustek OpticPro S28, genesys

Bjørn Nøstvold bjorn.nostvold at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 11:34:55 UTC 2006

Hello,

I'm trying to get the Plustek OpticPro S28 to work based on the genesys
backend, and so far I've managed to get the motor moving correctly (as far
as I know).
Current problem is to get the lamp to turn on. When I reset the scanner, the
light turns on by default, but when I run scanimage, it blinks a few times
and then turns off entirely before scanning. Which is about as useful as
having no driver at all :)

Would be cool if someone could help me on my way, and perhaps share any
tools which may be useful.

I'm currently basing my scanner settings on the Plustek OpticPro ST24 with
some minor modifications, currently the only difference is in the motor
settings and scanning areas.

Debug outputs:
SANE_DEBUG_PLUSTEK=19 scanimage -L: http://pastebin.ca/80402
sane-find-scanner -v -v: http://pastebin.ca/80406