[sane-devel] Brother MFC 7820N Scanner

Girish Agarwal gagarwal at bellsouth.net
Sat Jul 8 15:05:21 UTC 2006

Hi All,
	 I have a brother MFC 7820N scanner which I would like to access/control
via Web (i.e from a web program written in PHP). My environment is Apache
server 2.x and PHP 5.x and everything is installed on a windows 2000 server.
I have checked with my Device Manufacturer who says that this particular
scanner uses TWAIN driver.
       I have some Questions which are as follows:-
       1) SANE API, is it only for Linux/Unix systems or it can be used for
windows Networks also. I could not find  a library for Windows Networks.
       2) I also searched for the Backend for my Scanner and Found that
Brother has contributed one for Linux. Again where do I get one for Windows?
       3) I am very novice in this area of development so please excuse my
question but, I am hoping to come across various scanners which I will have
to interface with my application, so is it better for me to look for a SANE
to TWAIN kind of interface for my application or try to focus my development
on TWAIn driver which this MFC is supposed to be compatible??? What I am
looking for really/ideally is that I should not have to make much
programming changes to get a SANE/TWAIN compatible scanner to interface with
my program.

Thanks,
Girish