[sane-devel] Fwd: BENQ 4300 Failed to open device snapscan ; linusb :004:008 error during device I/O

Oliver Schwartz Oliver.Schwartz at gmx.de
Sun Jul 9 21:41:19 UTC 2006

Hi,

it seems that there's a problem with your snapscan.conf file. If
you're using libusb you *must not* have a device line, i.e. you
should delete any line stating /dev/usb/scanner0 or similar. The
backend will automatically probe all USB devices for a suitable
scanner.

However, in all the logs on pastebin.ca the scanner is correctly
identified. Most likely you're using the wrong firmware file. For
your scanner the correct file is u176v***.bin (*** may be any 3-digit
number, depending on the version of the firmware shipped with the
scanner).

If this doesn't help please send me a log with SANE_DEBUG_SNAPSCAN=255
of a scan that results in an error message.

/Oliver