[sane-devel] brightness/contrast/gamma LUT ideas?

Rene Rebe rene at exactcode.de
Thu Jul 20 07:29:11 UTC 2006

Hi,

On Tuesday 18 July 2006 19:35, m. allan noah wrote:

> > As far as I know, xsane automatically calculates and downloads a gamma
> > table for brightness / contrast / gamma if the backend advertises it.
>
> interesting! do you know of a backend that does this? i would like to see
> the option structures which are used... of course, not everyone uses
> xsane, so i might have to steal the code from it :)

I think xsane does it for any backend with gamma tables.

The Avision backend has gamma tables as well as emulation. The calculation
of brightness/contrast was pasted from an old gimp version and might have
the undesired, imperfect effects as you outlined in your previous mail.

Watch for brightness_contrast_func and send_gamma in the avision.c.

Yours,

--
René Rebe - Rubensstr. 64 - 12157 Berlin (Europe / Germany)
            http://exactcode.de | http://t2-project.org | http://rebe.name