[sane-devel] Plustek OpticPro 9636P+ in serial with printer - scanner not found

Immanuel CRC Office office at immanuelministries.ca
Thu Jul 20 15:35:19 UTC 2006

I have an HP 1200 Laser Jet printer and Plustek OpticPro 9636P+ scanner.
(scanner is supported by backends)

The scanner is connect first to the parallel port, and then the printer
is connected to the scanner.

The printer works without a hitch.

When I do scanimage -L I get:
device `hpaio:/par/HP_LaserJet_1200?device=/dev/parport0' is a hp
HP_LaserJet_1200 multi-function peripheral

Is it not possible to connect two parallel devices in serial to connect
to the scanner?

If it is, I do not know how to proceed. I do not have pt_drv module
installed, but I'm not clear if I need that. I seem to have the right
backends, and I've removed the # from the plustek_pp in
/etc/sane.d/dll.conf file.

Ubuntu AMD64 6.06 (Dapper)
Sane and XSane installed

Thanks,