[sane-devel] Canon LiDE 20: Awful noise after/before scans

Gerhard Jaeger gerhard at gjaeger.de
Mon Jul 24 07:09:22 UTC 2006

On Sunday 23 July 2006 14:39, Dimitrios Bogiatzoules wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I hope I'm not rehashing an old story but I hadn't any success after
> searching the net for a solution.

it's indeed an old story...

[SNIPSNAP]
> I'd appreciate any comment, patch or help in order to get my scanner
> working. If needed I'll donate a LiDE 20 to the developer team, although
> I'll have to get it from eBay since they are not sold any more (just
> sent me a private e-mail with a delivery address, preferably in Germany).

my only comment is (I wrote and maintain the backend): it works for me,
with the old and the current version. I have to admitt, that I habe the N670U,
but I'm pretty sure, that the LiDE20 also works (it's only relabeled).

I also got various reports about that issue, but I could not fix any of them
cause:
- I could not reproduce it
- noone is able to send me a "sane" parameterset
- noone is able to do some more tests (with feedback!)
- I don't have a LiDE20 which causes this trouble

I suspect that the current parameterset (which is the same since 1.0.15) makes
the device operate nearly the limit, and that there are some devices beyond.

Of course I'm willing to fix that problem (private mail is on its way)

ciao
Gerhard