[sane-devel] Debug output from Lexmark X1270 scanner

Fred Odendaal freshshelf at rogers.com
Sun Jul 30 01:17:32 UTC 2006

Stef,

I haven't had a chance to spend any significant amount of time with it.
I'm hoping to get to it in August when I have some vacation time. There
is quite a bit of work yet to do on it.

I'll start by stubbing out all the calibration routines and just make
sure it still scans as well as the old backend. Next I'll slowly add
back the various calibrations and get them working for X1100 scanners.
The amount of time a scan takes due to backtracking is unacceptable on
some of the scans I tried - we're talking about several minutes to do a
small scan at 150dpi! You thought this was due to the shading
calibration, but I have my doubts. I'll take it out to see if the
performance improves. The calibration scans seem to take a lot of time
as well, but that could be due to the new method for finding home

Where did you get the calibration algorithms from (gain, offset, and
shading)? Do you know if the algorithms will work for scanners with a
CIS head like the X1100s? Some of the hard coded ranges look "funny" for
my scanner...

Fred.