do not use udev, was: Re: [sane-devel] sane problem with newer kernel

Roland Kwee roland at kwee.xs4all.nl
Sun Jul 30 13:48:29 UTC 2006

Hi,

As often, formulating a question is answering it, and here is the
solution: do not use udev with sane.

I removed the udev config line and now udev does not make the special
file /dev/usb/scanner on plugging in the usb cable from the scanner. Now
  sane works as with the older kernel, and I can again use my scanner.

The issue still remains that I would like to see some more info on sane
with udev, and on how libusb works. Now this is all black magic to me,
while calling myself an experienced linux user, system manager and
programmer.

Roland.