[sane-devel] How can I view *.pnm saved files??

Russbucket russbucket at nwi.net
Sun Jul 30 22:34:27 UTC 2006

On Saturday 29 July 2006 09:41, William Case wrote:
> Hi;
>
> Perhaps it's not possible, but I saved some scanned images and then
> closed Xscan.  Later, I wanted to view in the view window those images
> to work with them without re-scanning. I tried using the file browser
> but it didn't seem to do anything.
>
> Maybe I am being dumb, but I can't see a way using Xsane how to reopen
> those files?  Is this a command line thing?
>
> I am using Fedora Core 5, Xsane 0.99, HP psc 1315 (if I scan first
> everything is fine.)
>
> --
> Regards Bill

have you looked at XnView. There is a Linux version and a windows version. It
can open .pnm files and it free for download. Windows version is a little
better than linux version. I've used both and now use the Linux version a
lot. You can open a .pnm  and save it as something else. Not sure how much
you can do to them.

  http://perso.orange.fr/pierre.g/xnview/endownloadlinux.html

Sorry about sending this direct to you. But some of my posts never show up on
the list.

Hope this helps you.
--
Russ