[sane-devel] ADF Epson 1640 does work any more

Alex sane at ceoris.org
Sun Jun 4 00:03:47 UTC 2006

Hello !

I am using an Epson Perfection 1640 SU with ADF. Everything used to work
perfectly. I have not used my ADF for few months and now I have a problem
with it. I assume this is due to upgrade. I am sure this worked fine in
october with Debian testing/Sarge.

I am now using sane 1.0.17 and xsane 0.99 (Debian Etch, personnal kernel
2.6.15.2):

#dpkg -l | grep sane
ii  libsane                      1.0.17-3
ii  sane-utils                   1.0.17-3
ii  xsane                        0.99+0.991-1
ii  xsane-common                 0.99+0.991-1

When I choose ADF in xsane, the scan of the first page begins, OK, but in
the end the page stays in the feeder. The ADF doesn't eject the page
and doesn't reinitialize for the second page. I have to click the scan
button again to eject the page and begin the next scan (I can also click
on ADF source to reinitialize).

I've just search the past 12 months archive and didn't find anything
helpful. Does anyone have the same problem ? Is there a solution to use my
ADF without clicking for each page ? A command line using scanimage might
also help me.

Thanks.

Alex