[sane-devel] ADF Epson 1640 does work any more

Alex sane at ceoris.org
Sun Jun 4 10:27:45 UTC 2006

Hi Allan,

> try using scanadf cli tool, just to see if it is a backend or frontend
> problem.

Thanks for your answer. I tried and the ADF was fine:

~/tmp%scanadf --source Automatic Document Feeder
Scanned document image-0001
Scanned document image-0002
Scanned 2 pages

So it's a probleme with the frontend xsane 0.99.

I saw the cli option --auto-eject which is supposed to eject the document
after scanning (the exact thing the ADF doesn't do with xsane). I tried

	scanadf --source Automatic Document Feeder --auto-eject=no

but the 2 pages were scanned correctly, maybe --source ADF forced
--auto-eject.

I checked my .drc file used by xsane and the auto-eject option is present.
I keep thinking xsane may have a problem with that.

"source"
"Automatic Document Feeder"
"auto-eject"

I hope this helps to find the problem and fix xsane.

Thanks.
Alex