[sane-devel] Snanner MD 3545 hang up with sane-1.0.17-0.pm.0.i586.rpm

Klaus Kübler klaus.kuebler at gmx.de
Sun Jun 4 16:51:24 UTC 2006

Hallo,

I have installed the sane back end "sane-1.0.17-0.pm.0.i586.rpm" on my SUSE
LINUX 10.0 system (Kernel  Linux 2.6.13-15-default) using YAST2. I have got a
incomplete error message from YAST2 when tying to install my "MEDION MD 3545"
USB scanner,  nevertheless I can find the scanner within the sane KDE menu.

I can start the preview scan and will get the expected preview image exactly
one time. Each additional scan (preview ore final) will fail. The resulting
image is all the times the same, it seems that the first pixel row will be
repeated over all rows of the whole image. The scanner mechanic itself will
work well all the time.

The scanner will respond with this constant image up to a power down and up
cycle of the scanner! Rebooting the computer will have no impact to this
behaviour.

Did you have any idea how to solve this problem?

Thanks

Klaus