[sane-devel] Canon LIDE 20 on Mac OS X 10.4: scanimage cannot open the device

Oliver Kurlvink truhe at metal.de
Mon Jun 5 10:53:18 UTC 2006

Hello,

I'm trying to get my LIDE 20 to work with SANE on Mac OS X 10.4. I
installed the parts and sane-find-scanner is able to see the scanner.
I changed the configuration of the plustek-backend to meet the values
sane-find-scanner gives me. However, there seems to be a problem with
opening the device. Since this completely goes through libusb I think
that the problem is not really a SANE-problem, however, maybe you
could help ;).

Running

SANE_DEBUG_PLUSTEK=150 scanimage > test.pnm

gives as a normal user

[…]
[plustek] Found device at >libusb:003:008-04a9-220d-ff-00<
[plustek] open failed: -1
[plustek] sane_get_devices (0xbfff71a8, 0)
scanimage: no SANE devices found
[plustek] sane_exit

and as root

[…]
[plustek] ---------------------
[plustek] usbDev_open(auto,) - 0x304ec0
[plustek] sanei_usb_open failed: No such file or directory (2)
[plustek] open failed: -1
[plustek] sane_get_devices (0xbffff7a8, 0)

^Cscanimage: received signal 2
scanimage: trying to stop scanner
^Cscanimage: received signal 2
scanimage: aborting