[sane-devel] dell1600n_net backend checked in and believed good...

Jon Chambers jon at jon.demon.co.uk
Sat Jun 10 14:50:19 UTC 2006

Hi,

I have just checked in what I hope is a fully working dell1600n_net
backend supporting multipage colour and mono scanning via ethernet.

No docs as yet (apart from the desc file) but as there are not yet any
configurable parameters then it'll either work out of the box or it won't.

Feedback welcome (especially success/failure reports from owners of other
Dell MFP models, eg: 3000cn).

By the way, anyone know how to get around the following warning:
dell1600n_net.c:837: warning: cast discards qualifiers from pointer target
type

which arises by casting a SANE_String_Const to a (void*).  Does C have an
equivalent of C++'s const_cast<void*> which will quieten this warning?

cheers,
Jon