[sane-devel] Epson 3170 in Kubuntu

Adrian Jadic jadic at dallnet.net
Tue Jun 13 13:12:43 UTC 2006

My mistake: I had installed the libsane-extras but not the iscan plugin.

Now it works only with iscan.

Since I see you are at avasys could you explain to me why in SUSE 9.3 kooka
works just fine with this scanner (w epkowa installed) and in later suse
releases as well as in Kubuntu (as I found out) I cannot get Kooka to fire up
the scanner?
I managed to make kooka see the scanner by inserting a line with the data for
this scanner in the etc/udev/rules.d/45-libsane.rules. Before it would only
see it if run in root.
So now kooka displays that small window with "choosing device" and the Epson
3170 is listed correctly.
But when I press "preview" or "scan" nothing happens.

Thank you,
A Jadic