[sane-devel] Scanjet 3400C and cygwin

Jon Chambers jon at jon.demon.co.uk
Tue Jun 13 21:33:12 UTC 2006

Hi,

On Tue, 13 Jun 2006, Matthias Appel wrote:
> I just did that and i got the following error:
> [dll] load: searching backend `nec' in `/usr/local/lib/sane'
> [dll] load: trying to load `/usr/local/lib/sane/cygsane-niash-1.dll'

In the spirit of adventure you may care to try the following:

1. Unpack the tarball and configure for the bare minumum of backends, eg:

BACKENDS="niash dll" ./configure

2. Edit the backends Makefile (eg: sane-backends/backend/Makefile) and
remove -lpthreads from the BACKENDLIBS line

3. make, install and see if it works

So long as your backend does not actually use the pthreads library then
you might find this suffices.

If so please report back as the final code freeze for the next release is
due this weekend.

cheers,
Jon