[sane-devel] Genesys Backend and Umax Astra 4700

mfi3 mfi3 at go2.pl
Mon Jun 19 17:24:43 UTC 2006

Hello, I am an unhappy owner of Astra 4700 scanner. I cannot use it for
some years (I am using almost only linux), since it isn't supported
under my OS. A two or three years ago I had hope that my scanner will be
supported by Genesys backend - but now, when backend is released, Umax
Astra 4700 still isn't supported (Astra 4500 at least "will be added in
the future). So I started to think about selling my scanner. So it's
question mainly for Genesys backend developers - are You planning to add
support for Astra 4700 to Genesys backend, and are there any chances
that it will be added in predictable future ?

sorry for my english, and thanks in advance for reply  :)

Michael.