[sane-devel] Epson 3170 in Kubuntu

Adrian Jadic jadic at dallnet.net
Mon Jun 19 23:02:57 UTC 2006

Just another reminder that Iscan works on my machine. I have a feeling you
understood that it doesn't. Am I wrong?

To recap. Yes, as you said I installed the two iscan files from avasys and
together with libsane everything went fine.
(BTW why don't you also provide deb packages on the Avasys website? As there
is no source for the plugin all we have is an RPM.)

scanimage command also moves the scanner.

The big mystery is why kooka and Gwenview don't work.
And a bigger mystery is why they do work in SUSE 9.3 with KDE 3.5.2 and they
don't work with the same KDE version on a newer kernel in both suse and
Kubuntu.
There is another thread on the Kubuntu forum about this issue and other people
have also complained that after an upgrade to Dapper the 3170 scanner does
not fire-up anymore. It appears I'm not the only one with this issue.

I did a verbose debug and attaching the files for iscan and kooka

Another curious thing: on SUSE 9.3 I see no libkscan...is this a clue?
AJ