[sane-devel] [patch] epkowa.desc

Russbucket russbucket at nwi.net
Tue Jun 20 01:44:47 UTC 2006

On Monday 19 June 2006 18:29, Olaf Meeuwissen wrote:
> I know I've sent mail about this to the list (it's in the archives)
> but I can't seem to find my reply in my mailbox anymore :-(
>
> Anyway, here is the patch for epkowa.desc that I promised.  The patch
> is against 1.11 in CVS.  It incorporates information from epson.desc
> 1.26 and unsupported.desc 1.255.
>
> I've dropped the silly(?) notion that EPSON AVASYS' QA department
> decides the support :status of the devices listed and synchronised
> them with the contents in epson.desc.  That leads to quite a lot of
> change, but I hope it is in the user's best interest.
>
> As I noticed an incorrect USB ID in epson.desc, I also attached a
> patch for that.  The ID mentioned is the one for the GT-6600 (aka
> Perfection 610).  Note that the Stylus CX6600 is also reported to
> have an ID of 0x0813 somewhere in the list archive.  I didn't add
> this because epson_usb.c does not list it either.
>
> If some kind SANE developer could commit this, I'd be grateful.
>
> Hope this helps,
Does this mean the new version of Iscan will not work with a CX6600. I run the
CX6600 with Iscan 1.18.0. I had to change the device ID to 0x0813 as that s
what comes from the printer/scanner with the lsusb -v command
	Bus 004 Device 002: ID 04b8:0813 Seiko Epson Corp.
and with sane-find-scanner
	found USB scanner (vendor=0x04b8 [EPSON], product=0x0813 [USB2.0
	MFP(Hi-Speed)]) at libusb:004:002
 The scanner work fine with Iscan, Kooka and xsane.

I'm on SUSE 10.0.

Should I upgrade to the new Iscan??

Thanks for any response
--