[sane-devel] Epson 3170 in Kubuntu

Olaf Meeuwissen olaf.meeuwissen at avasys.jp
Wed Jun 21 00:14:33 UTC 2006

Adrian Jadic <jadic at dallnet.net> writes:

> One more question:
>
> I have a little annoyance with Iscan and I wonder if there is a way to fix it
> so I can satisfy my obsessive compulsive bursts..;)
>
> Every time Iscan starts it defaults the units to inches even though the system
> (KDE) is set to metric. Is there a way to change this so I don't have to
> modify that dropdown item all the time?

Patch the source code (and then send me the patch ;-)

I've filed a wishlist item in our tracker (in July 2005) suggesting to
look at LC_MEASUREMENT and do the right thing.

> BTW 96% of the world's population uses metric and only 4% uses imperial. Why
> default to imperial? Makes no sense...

Japan is metric too.  It does make no sense.

There is a similar issue with the file format.  I mean, who is his
right mind would use PNM to _save_ anything?

I know this doesn't help :-}
--
Olaf Meeuwissen                          EPSON AVASYS Corporation, SE1
FSF Associate Member #1962           sign up at http://member.fsf.org/