[sane-devel] A problem with permissions

John Missing programming.student at verizon.net
Mon Mar 13 08:58:54 UTC 2006

I've been configuring things on my machine running Debian and have been
doing well with the exception of one nagging problem: getting SANE to
run on my user account. When I log into root, it works perfectly, but,
when I'm logged in as a user, it crashes without any identifiable error.
The user is in the saned and scanner groups. I have tried to check every
file and directory to find the one that does not have permission set for
the user, but I seem to be missing something. Could someone suggest
somewhere that I might not have thought to look?
--
Blessings,
Archbishop John "Yona Gadadoli (Praying Bear)" Missing