[sane-devel] Problem with HP ScanJet 8290 and scsi

abel deuring adeuring at gmx.net
Wed Mar 15 10:41:20 UTC 2006

Marc F. Clemente wrote:
> I have additional information that may be useful.  I connected a Nikon
> LS-2000 (also scsi) to the same scsi cable.  I do not have the same
> problem with the LS-2000.
>
> Disabling calibration and gamma-table in avision.conf makes no difference.
>
> I reproduce the error with the avision debug info.  Maybe it will help.
>  Let me know what else I can do.

Great. That's exactly, what I forgot to ask you for in my last mail;)

> [avision] send_3x3_matrix:
> [avision] send_3x3_matrix: sending matrix
> [sanei_scsi] sanei_scsi_req_enter2 warning: truncating write data from
> requested 28 bytes to allowed 12 bytes

Turned out that I looked yesterday into a too old version of the
backend's source code... The problem is the call of avision_cmd at
the end of send_3x3_matrix (line 4737 in sane-backends-1.0.17):

status = avision_cmd (&s->av_con, &cmd, sizeof (cmd), 0, 0, 0, 0);

Try to change this to

status = avision_cmd (&s->av_con, &cmd, sizeof (cmd.scmd),
&cmd.matrix, sizeof(cmd.matrix), 0, 0);

I have no idea though, how this change may affect scanners connected
via the USB bus...

Abel