[sane-devel] Benq 5300U not working with sane-backends-1.0.17

Warren Post warren at copaninvest.com
Tue Mar 21 01:34:38 UTC 2006

El dom, 19-03-2006 a las 11:55, Oliver Schwartz escribió:
> The scanner stops responding after the firmware has been sent to the
> scanner. The transfer itself seems to be fine. It's possible that
> neither of the two firmware files is the correct one for your
> scanner. What's the USB ID of your scanner (e.g. output from
> "lsusb")?

[root at gerencia warren]# lsusb
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 04a5:20fe Acer Peripherals Inc. (now BenQ Corp.)
SW2 5300U

The above appears to agree with the information on the sane-snapscan
page, which gives the USB ID for the Acer/Benq 5300 as "0x04a5, 0x20fe"
and identifies the firmware to use is u254v042.bin.

Of course, the firmware file I have might be corrupt. I downloaded it
from benq.com along with a raft of other firmware files, but there was
no checksum to make sure that it downloaded correctly.

Note that my scanner is a 5300U, and the sane-snapscan page only
mentions 5300 (without the "U". I have been assuming that this is not
significant, given that the USB IDs are the same.

--
Warren Post
Santa Rosa de Copán, Honduras