[sane-devel] sp15c with adf

Andreas Degert ad at papyrus-gmbh.de
Thu Mar 23 11:26:08 UTC 2006

On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 11:01:14 +0100
René Rebe <rene at exactcode.de> wrote:

[...]
> Can you test the avision backend with your scanner. The sp15c is just
> a feature-less reimplementation of the Avision backend and considered
> obsolete. Maybe we should disable it's compilation so people test if
> the avision driver works for them.
>
> I would be _VERY_ happy if you could send me a note how the avision
> backend works for your device and fix issues immediatly to finally
> get rid of the aging sp15c and tamarack backends.

OK, I tested with a Fujitsu ScanPartner 620C flatbed scanner (bought
around April 2002). "scanimage -T" passes; different resolutions,
color / gray and ADF source work too. Since debian stable is installed
on the machine (libsane V1.0.15), I copied libsane-avision.so.1.0.17
from debian unstable (1.0.15 didn't support ADF anyhow).

Thank you!

ciao
Andreas