[sane-devel] Avision AV820C Plus flatbed scanner - ADF

m. allan noah anoah at pfeiffer.edu
Thu Mar 23 14:59:45 UTC 2006

On Thu, 23 Mar 2006, [utf-8] René Rebe wrote:

>>> 820, but i have used the fujitsu sp15c with the avision backend, and
>>> its adf works. look at the options the backend provides using
>
> Allan: You used the Avision backend with the sp15c and all worked fine?
> Can we start to disable the backend in CVS so people really start using
> the more advanced and maintained avision driver with their Avision
> OEM models?

haha- you are 'tooting your own horn' a bit there are ya?

all i did was take the sp15c out of its box, do a couple scans, made that
little patch that made the adf work, and put it back in its box. that was
a couple years ago now, so i cant really comment on how well it works. i
cant really play with it right now, i am supposed to be working :)

but given your responsiveness, i say we disable the sp15c backend, and
you can clean up the mess in avision :)

allan