[sane-devel] Authorization , plug on plug off the usb scanner ??

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Wed Mar 29 21:55:26 UTC 2006

Hi,

On 2006-03-27 21:46, Tamkang wrote:
> I have a Question that I encounter when I debug microtek2.c there is
> an Authorization function , when it will use ? is it when open xsane
> as a user not as a root so I must login first not as root and after
> that I can use the scanner , there is a problem that I don't
> understand where is goes wrong in this situation:

The SANE authorization as mentioned in microtek2.c is not realated to
your problem.

If scanning works as root, it's just a permission issue. See the
README.linux that comes with sane-backends for details.

If this also doesn't work it may be that the scanner is already
claimed by another program or the kernel. However this is more usual
for multi-function devices. Updating to a current version of
sane-backends should help in this case.