[sane-devel] unpaper pre-0.2 release candidate, please test

Jens Gulden mail at jensgulden.de
Mon May 1 21:38:15 UTC 2006

Hello SANE people,

there had been very valuable feedback from this list after I had released the first version of
unpaper (http://unpaper.berlios.de/), so I would like to let you know about a new version that will
be released soon.

The very first version had some problems with the compiler's optimization, which caused the
Linux/Intel-binary not to run on all machines. As I now switched to gcc 4.1 and there had been some
major changes in the code, I would like to ask those of you interested in unpaper to test the
compiled binary before the next version finally gets released.

The release candidate is available at http://user.cs.tu-berlin.de/~jgulden/unpaper/0.2rc1/. Please
let me know if you encounter any problems. (I have tested it on 4 different machines myself, and it
works well on all of them.) If everything appears ok, the next version will be released in about a
week, together with newly written detailed documentation.

Thank you,
Jens

Note: The upcoming release will be numbered version '0.2' (not '1.2'), as I now feel that a
"0.x"-version reflects the current development status of unpaper better.