[sane-devel] HP Scanjet 2400

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Tue May 2 20:08:20 UTC 2006

Hi,

On 2006-04-28 18:46, Puskás Róbert wrote:
> I have a HP Scanjet 2400 scanner, and I found out, that it's
> unsupported by sane. Even in the Genesys backend. Will my scanner be
> supported, in the near future?

This depends on you. The general backend code is there, "only" the
adaption of it to more scanners is missing. For discussion on what
needs to be done please search the mailing list archive.

So this means if you or another user of this scanner doesn't do this
work the scanner will never be supported. This is how SANE (usually)
works.