[sane-devel] Hotplug and udev files created automatically now, please test!

Julien BLACHE jb at jblache.org
Wed May 3 06:08:38 UTC 2006

Peter Christy <christy at attglobal.net> wrote:

Hi,

> I can't find anyway of making sane use the /sys (or /dev) devices rather
> than /proc. Neither does it seem possible to make udev change the permissions
> of devices mounted under /proc. (The naming systems are different)

libusb looks for USB device nodes under /dev/bus/usb first, then under
/proc/bus/usb. It's transparent to SANE.

udev manages /dev/bus/usb all by itself, providing your udev is recent
enough and your kernel is >= 2.6.14. Using the udev rules file
generated by sane-backends (using sane-desc from the tools directory,
sane-desc -m udev) works automagically.

JB.

--
Julien BLACHE                                   <http://www.jblache.org>