[sane-devel] LiDE 500F: how to go further?

Ralph Sontag sontag at mathematik.tu-chemnitz.de
Thu May 4 08:19:13 UTC 2006

Hallo,

I have an Canon CanoScan LiDE 500F.

I've added in backend/genesys_devices.c a section as a copy from
the LiDE 60 - ok, now scanimage list the device:

> scanimage -L
device `genesys:libusb:001:050' is a Canon LiDE 500F flatbed scanner

But it don't work.

I have a Windows 98 running in qemu. The scanner works in this emulator-
environment, an I got some debug-messages with usbsnoop:

http://www-user.tu-chemnitz.de/~sontag/sane/usbsnoop.log.1.gz
http://www-user.tu-chemnitz.de/~sontag/sane/usbsnoop.log.2.gz

This are scans with color, 300 dpi.

_After_ working with qemu also scanimage will produce output:
http://www-user.tu-chemnitz.de/~sontag/sane/scanimage-scan-grey.png

scanimage then also produces log-files:
http://www-user.tu-chemnitz.de/~sontag/sane/scanimage-debug.log

Without initialisation under W98, the scanner don't work with scanimmager
 - so it seems, there is at first a problem during initialisation.
It hangs at
[genesys] sanei_genesys_read_register (0x41, 0xf0) completed

At second the data is wrong: the picture shows only noise.

I have not enough experience to interprete the log-files, so I ask, what
to do next.

I will try to get some debugging-output with Windows XP and will try to
start usbmon for debugging with linux.

Any hint's and tips?

Thanks in advance,
	Ralph.

--
Ralph Sontag | Str. der Nationen 62/B204 | 09107 Chemnitz         |   MIME   |
e-mail: sontag at mathematik.tu-chemnitz.de | Tel. +49 371 531 31384 | welcome! |