[sane-devel] Fujitsu backend update 7

m. allan noah anoah at pfeiffer.edu
Fri May 5 04:51:05 UTC 2006

I have released the next version of the updated fujitsu sane backend to my
personal website. http://www2.pfeiffer.edu/~anoah/fujitsu/

up7 is a minor update to the up6 version (which works pretty well):

  - improved option handling, especially those pesky SANE_FIX mm lengths.
  - updated scsi command function should avoid scanner busy errors
  - all known hardware sensors and switches are exposed as options
  - should be possible to attach a button monitor daemon
  - a couple bugs fixed
  - actually tested with a M3091DCd (mostly working other than color)
  - most scanners should not incorrectly reverse colors now

outstanding issues:

  - duplex still broken. not too hard to fix for later units.
  - M3091/2 color mode broken
  - no LUT upload code, required for brightness/contrast/gamma
  - all IPC/Imprinter type options removed
  - model-specific hard-coded overrides missing

if i can get the first two issues fixed soon, i intend to replace the
fujitsu backend with this code in time for the next sane backends release.
this means: I desperately need more beta testers! if you have access to
any fujitsu scanner, and can spare a few minutes to test, you can help
ensure that your equipment will continue to be supported by sane.

thanks for your patience, and any help you can give.

allan