[sane-devel] HP scanjet 2300c

Michael Schachtebeck michael.schachtebeck at stud.uni-goettingen.de
Fri May 5 22:02:32 UTC 2006

> Browsing the archive manually, I found the answers to this post which
> the search engine did not find. Setting "Size of scan area in mm (y)" to
> 290 did not work, so I'll give the cvs version a try.

ok, I'm using the daily cvs snapshot now, and even the command

scanimage --mode Color -y 20 > scan.pnm

drives the head very fast to the end until it "crashes" instead of
scanning only the first 20mm...

But if I use

scanimage --mode Color -t 2 > scan.pnm

(or any other value for -t greater than 1), it works fine - strange...
Is this a problem with my scanner, or is it a problem with scanimage?

And how do I tell applications to use this parameter (for example xsane
or kooka)?

Michael.