[sane-devel] HP scanjet 2300c

Stéphane VOLTZ stefdev at modulonet.fr
Sun May 7 06:01:38 UTC 2006

Le Samedi 6 Mai 2006 00:02, Michael Schachtebeck a écrit :

> ok, I'm using the daily cvs snapshot now, and even the command
>
> scanimage --mode Color -y 20 > scan.pnm
>
> drives the head very fast to the end until it "crashes" instead of
> scanning only the first 20mm...
>
> But if I use
>
> scanimage --mode Color -t 2 > scan.pnm
>
> (or any other value for -t greater than 1), it works fine - strange...
> Is this a problem with my scanner, or is it a problem with scanimage?
>
> And how do I tell applications to use this parameter (for example xsane
> or kooka)?
>
> Michael.

	Hello,

	I believe this is because start position detection fails, giving some zero
value which is decreased by start offset, giving a negative value. When the
scan starts, the scanner gets a negative location, and the scanning head
moves wrongly. By adding a start offset, the value gets positive again and
everything goes right.
	To fix origin detection (and get sure this is the real bug), I need the log
file and all the pnm files (search_position.pnm and search_position16.pnm)
created by doing:
export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS_GL646=255
export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS=255
scanimage --mode Color -t 2 >scan.pnm  2>debug.log

	Doing this with the CVS version would be the best.

Regards,
	Stef