[sane-devel] Nikon CoolScan IV and next sane release

Giuseppe Sacco giuseppe at eppesuigoccas.homedns.org
Mon May 8 06:51:41 UTC 2006

Il giorno dom, 07/05/2006 alle 20.31 +0200, Henning Meier-Geinitz ha
scritto:
> Hi,
>
> On 2006-04-26 10:45, Giuseppe Sacco wrote:
> > Is there any chance the next sane-backends release will include the patch
> > for supporting CoolScan IV (LS-50 ED)?
>
> I haven't seen any response from the backend maintainer (Andras Major)
> until now. Could you resend the patch to this list, please?

It was posted to this list on the 27th october 2005 by Ariel Garcia,
here it is. There were some mail with comments on about the C code on
that thread.

> > This patch was proposed before the current release was prepared and it was
> > never changed/updated. The patch still have some problem, but it works for
> > colour negative film.
>
> So there are no compilation/build problems any more?
>
> Are the Coolscan IV and LS-50 ED really identical? Our lists say,
> "Coolscan V ED" and "LS 50 ED" are the same, but don't mention
> Coolscan IV.

I apologize since I wrote IV instead of V. The complete name I read on
the scanner is "Nikon Coolscan V ED" and, on the rear, "Nikon LS-50 ED
film scanner".

Bye,
Giuseppe