[sane-devel] PLANon DocuPen support

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Tue May 9 16:31:39 UTC 2006

Hi,

On 2006-05-08 20:37, Nicola Jelmorini wrote:
> just a question: in the near future is scheduled to implement SANE
> support for the PLANon DocuPen (http://www.planon.com/docupen_rc800.php)
> scanners?

As these scanners are not even in our list of unsupported scanners,
you are the first one to mention them. Could you send the output of
"sane-find-scanner -v -v" when such a device is plugged into your
computer?

Without this information, we can't know if they may work with little
(or more) cahnges with existing backends.

As the device seems to store several images, maybe they behave like
normal USB storage devices? In this case you could just plug it into
your computer and use it like a USB disk drive or stick.