[sane-devel] Hotplug and udev files created automatically now, please test!

Peter Christy christy at attglobal.net
Tue May 9 18:20:25 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 09 May 2006 18:07, Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> By default, SANE generates a udev rules file like this:
>
> ACTION!="add", GOTO="libsane_rules_end"
> SUBSYSTEM!="usb_device", GOTO="libsane_rules_end"
>
> # Hewlett-Packard ScanJet 4100C
> SYSFS{idVendor}=="03f0", SYSFS{idProduct}=="0101", MODE="660",
> GROUP="scanner" [...]
> LABEL="libsane_rules_end"
>
> Does this still work?

This looks like the default libsane.rules file that comes with the version of
sane that I downloaded.

I checked that it contained the right information for my scanner (Epson
Perfection 1260), which it did, but it didn't work for me.

My understanding is that udev checks all the .rules files in
the /etc/udev/rules.d directory in alphabetical order. My distros rules are
udev.rules, so libsane.rules would get checked first. I am unclear as to
whether this is correct or not. If libsane.rules needs to be checked last,
then I need to do some renaming!

I am currently running without libsane.rules. I added the previously mentioned
line to the end of my udev.rules.

Does this answer your question?

If you want me to try again in a different order, I can, but not until later
in the week when I get some time - maybe Friday?

--
Pete
christy at attglobal.net